Ms. Tammy Bui

Hello My Name Is...

Tammy Bui


Bui_Tammy

 

I was born in Houston.  I am a graduate of Aldine ISD, University of Houston, and Texas Christian University.  I am a working artist and working to be an excellent art teacher. In my spare time I like to walk my dog, Happy. 


Spring 2017 Tutorials are on Wednesdays from 3:20 - 4:15p in the HS Art Room


ART 1
This is an introductory course to the visual arts.  The content covers a variety of concepts and drawing media, painting, color theory, calligraphy, and techniques in perspective.  Students will learn and apply the elements and principles of design to produce creative art projects that reflect their understanding of these concepts.  Students will learn about art history and visual art careers.  This course is a prerequisite course for Art 2.

ART 2
The goal of Art 2 is to provide a solid foundation in the creative, technical, and historical aspects of studio art. The program encourages individual growth and development through a broad range of studio land academic experiences. Students will continue to learn and apply the elements and principles of design to produce creative art projects that reflect their understanding of these concepts. This course is a prerequisite course for Art 3.

Art 3
Through more individualized instruction, greater independence, and an increased knowledge of media and techniques, students will continue to develop artwork that reflects a personal style and interpretation and build a portfolio. Further study of art criticism and aesthetics will continue to be part of the curriculum. This course is a prerequisite course for Art 4. 

Art 4
Students will continue building a portfolio that will reflect personal style but also invite community conversations.  They will be begin to ask formal and conceptual questions regarding artist and art work and be introduced to the practice of critiquing art work and seeing art through the lens of an art critic. 

Daily Expectation
Studio art classes work on the basis of being productive.  My expectation is that you prepared to unpack your ideas and materials to use your time wisely and work on the project at hand.
If You’ve Missed Class
Stop in and ask what you need to do, you may have to take work home or to study hall to get caught up. 
Grading 
Major Grades consist of test, participation, and final project grades, they amount to 60% of your overall grade.  The other 40% will be based on daily grades that consist of daily activities and assignments.
Non-negotiable Rules
Respect all supplies and all students in the studio.
No food and drink is allowed in the studio.
Come to the studio prepared.
Each student is only allowed 3 emergency passes for restroom breaks.